Monday, October 08, 2007

I see some amazing things

Yes, I do see some amazing things at times. This week has been extra amazing, because starting last Thursday, I've seen amazing things at almost a daily rate. Here's a rundown of the highlights.

  • Thursday: On my way home from Genevieve's bash, I had my second John Hodgman sighting. This time he was at the corner of Houston and Allen hailing a cab (as opposed to last time, when I almost tripped over him). He was wearing the EXACT same thing as he was last time. I get the feeling he has a whole closet full of the same thing, kind of like Matlock.
  • Friday: At the new "Holiday Express" Toys 'backwards R' Us in NoHo, I saw the loveable mascot Geoffrey Giraffe manhandling a coworker and shoving him into an elevator (don't worry, it wasn't an elevator shaft, the car was there), thereby spoiling many a fond childhood memory. It was weird.
  • Saturday: I saw myself entering Taco Bell, which is something I haven't done in over a year, and I quite enjoyed my crunchwrap supreme. Perhaps I should be worried about a relapse.
  • Sunday: I saw the Prophet (on my computer screen).
  • Today: I saw former president of Mexico, Vicente Fox at an NYU forum. He talked about economics, immigration, his time as president, and whether or not his grandfather is going to heaven. This last bit is worth a bit more detail, mostly because the other stuff is way beyond the scope of this blog. Apparently his grandfather was an Evangelical Christian, and a few days before his death, Fox's mother, who was concerned about his salvation, had the priest come and baptize him. The funny thing about all this is that, due to his Alzheimer's and being asleep, he had no idea what had happened. So, even though he's not sure if his grandad is in evangelical heaven or catholic heaven, he's pretty sure he's taken care of. As you can see, it had it's light moments.
Also, I got a facebook invite to join this group today. With all due respect to the party that sent it to me, I think I'm going to have to decline. I feel pretty secure at NYU as is.

No comments: