Thursday, October 18, 2007

Happy Birthday to me?

No, it's not my birthday just yet, but with the recent spate of friends' birthdays I have been thinking about it. You know, what to do, where to do it - the usual stuff. And then I go and get the ward email announcing that the long awaited Lingos* are finally here - on my birthday. Great, now I've got to compete with that. Talk about adding insult to injury. First the Lingos torture me because as much as I want to enter, I can't come up with a single thing that wouldn't be total crap AND THEN they mock my pain by doing the whole thing on the one day of the year when I can really feel good about myself! Seriously, Lingos, stop sipping the hate-orade and give a guy a break!


*For those of you who don't know, the Lingos is/are (not sure) the LDS film festival thingy here in NYC. Seriously, get with it.

2 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

When are the lingos? Do they accept horror do you think?

Scrumpestuous D said...

Jaymoo, I have half a mind to delete your comment. Seriously, not even an ounce of consolation for a friend? I guess that makes it Lingos 1, Dave 0. Ouch.

But if you must know, I'm forwarding you the details...