Friday, April 20, 2007

A Night at the Explosion

So, last night Daniel Parker and I (not to mention the others) took a trip out to the Upright Citizen's Brigade Theater to check out the Dave Hill Explosion. Overall, a pretty good time. I didn't have the presence of mind to bring my camera, which is unfortunate since there were all kinds of celebrities there (truly, all kinds). So, instead of actual pictures, I've got ones from the internet, and if you can imagine them in a basement theater, well, you're pretty much there. First off, this is Dave Hill, the evening's host:
After astounding us with tales of wild chimpanzees and escaping from a cardboard box, he brought out this guy, Dick Cavett, but I'm sure you are all too young to remember him. I am.
He went on (and on (and on)) about the time he spent as a talk show host. After about an hour (no kidding), Rufus Wainwright appeared

(Taa-daa!)

He sang a few songs, which got pretty surreal, once all the colored lights started flashing. He's a lot younger than I thought he was.

So, that was pretty much the night. It was pretty fun, and probably the best $5 have spent in awhile. Did I mention that PC (a.k.a. John Hodgman ) was there to (but just to enjoy the show)?

2 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

What was this random event????

Scrumpestuous D said...

This random event was a pretty cool comedy show couched in the guise of a late night talk show. Pretty sneaky, right?