Thursday, January 10, 2008

Monumental Music of the Moment

So, it's been a really long time since I've done a Music of the Moment, so I thought I'd drop a mixtape's worth of moments on you to help catch up. Here's what's been bouncing around my ear canals of late:
  • "Heroes" by David Bowie - How have I missed this song until now? Sad, I know.
  • "Rock and Roll" by Led Zeppelin
  • "I Feel It All" by Feist
  • "Radio, Radio" by Elvis Costello
  • "Search and Destroy" by The Stooges - I really haven't been off this one. Thanks Jeff.
  • "Like A Rolling Stone" by Bob Dylan
  • "I Got the Feelin'" by James Brown
  • "What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life" by Dusty Springfield - This song is a crushed velvet jacket and the girl to go with it.
  • "Sea Lion Woman" by Fiest - Because I'm a sucker for hand claps. Plus, the guitar interlude is bitchin'.
  • "You Got It" by Roy Orbison - Proving yet again that strategic use of timpani can really make a song.
  • "Born to Run" by Bruce Springsteen
  • "Viva Las Vegas" by the other Elvis
  • "L-O-V-E" by Al Green
  • "Little Triggers" by Elvis Costello - Some day I'm going to play this at a dance and chuckle to myself while everyone slow dances.
  • "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash
  • "All My Friends" by LCD Soundsystem - This CD kind of blew my mind the first time I heard it. Truly an superior cut off and excellent album.

3 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

Search and Destroy by Stooges - a masterful song. Also, appropriate use of the term bitchin.

M said...

funny. i just noticed heroes this week myself.

and "you got it"'s always been a favorite of mine.

Anonymous said...

I once again would like to publicly profress my love and gratitude for Feist.