Thursday, January 17, 2008

Best of 2007

A recent spate of emails (and a lack of anything interesting happening lately) has inspired me to share with you my 'Best of' list for 2007. So, let's get on with it, eh?

Movies
Winner: The King of Kong. As if the movie weren't good enough, the fact that Steve Wiebe teaches at a school in the town I grew up in and was kind enough to accept an offer to meet me (which because of scheduling problems didn't happen) put this at the top of my list for 2007.

Runner's up: The Bourne Ultimatum, Juno

Comments: I missed an embarrassingly large amount of movies this year.

Games
Winner: Oh, easily Guitar Hero. Since Feb 2007, I have bought all of the games and currently own 3 guitars. Did I mention that I also bought a PS2 just to play this game? Yeah, most of you knew that...

Runner Up: Wii Sports

Music
Winner (Album): Sky Blue by Maria Schneider. Bet you haven't heard of it.

Runner's Up (Album): Sound of Silver by LCD Soundsystem, The Reminder by Feist

Winner (Live): Daft Punk's Alive 2007 @ Keyspan Park.

Runner's Up (Live): Doesn't matter.

TV
Winner: 30 Rock. We TiVo all of the 'Must See TV' block. I have to watch this last because everything else is a letdown after.

Runner's Up: Heroes, Chuck, Planet Earth, The Office

Comments: No, I am not receiving money from NBC.

Books
Winner: Harry Potter VII. The Ultimate Guilty Pleasure.

Runner's Up: Born Standing Up by Steve Martin, The Tabasco Brand Cookbook.

No comments: