Monday, July 02, 2007

When was the last time you heard...?

  • Here Comes the Sun1 by The Beatles
  • Do You Wanna Dance? by The Beach Boys2
  • Clair de Lune by Claude Debussy
  • Under The Bridge by The Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • You Can't Always Get What You Want by The Rolling Stones
  • People Get Ready by Eva Cassidy3
  • Downtown by Petula Clark
  • I Heard it Through the Grapevine by Marvin Gaye
  • Bye Bye Blackbird by Joe Cocker
  • Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken by Camera Obscura4
  • Let It Be by The Beatles
  • Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton
  • No Woman, No Cry by Bob Marley and The Wailers
  • Crepuscolo Sul Mare by Piero Umiliani5
  • New York State of Mind by Billy Joel
  • God Only Knows by The Beach Boys
  • At Last by Etta James6
  • Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond
  • Na Na Hey Hey (Kiss Him Goodbye) by Steam
  • America by Neil Diamond7
  • American Girl by Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers
  • (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding8
  • Champagne Supernova by Oasis
  • Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell9
Notes
1 - This song always makes me feel better. I think some of it has to do with how rare the sun is to us Seattleites.
2 - The more and more I listen to this song, the more I realize that it is genius. Just listen to the way the timpani are used.
3 - Eva Cassidy is one of those that died too young. If you don't know her, I'd recommend checking her out.
4 - This is another band to check out. I feel kind of girly listening to them sometimes, but I'm ok with that.
5 - Originally recorded for the 1969 Italian film La Legge dei Gangsters, I first heard it in Ocean's 12. So, in other words, you've probably heard it too.
6 - This is the romantic in me speaking.
7 - Probably the most patriotic song, EVER.
8 - Doesn't this just make you feel 5 levels lower on the stress meter?
9 - Seriously. One of the greatest songs ever. If I were only half as cool as Marvin Gaye...

2 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

I'd say I have heard at least 50% of that list in the last month. 8 hours of music a day at work helps. Also, No Woman No Cry is playing on my speakers as I was reading your post.

Collin Mapp said...

Dave... I'd say you ARE half as cool as Marvin Gaye.