Monday, March 17, 2008

Kiss me, I'm...

Sadly, not Irish. But why should they get all the fun? There are other patron saints, after all. So, here are a few days that you can feel free to kiss me:

Kiss Me, I'm English:
St. George's Day - April 23rd
St. William of York's Day - June 8th

Kiss Me, I'm German:
St. Bonafice's Day - June 5th
St. Suitbert's Day - March 1st

Kiss Me, I'm Danish:
St. Ansgar's Day - Feb 3rd
St. Canute's Day - Jan 19th

Kiss Me, I'm a Student:
St. Thomas Aquinas' Day - Jan 28th
St. Woldobo's Day - April 21st
St. Gabriel of our Lady of Sorrows' Day - Feb 27th
St. Gemma Galgani's Day - April 11th
St. Isidore of Seville's Day - April 4th (also patron saint of computer scientists and the internet)
St. Tatiana's Day - Jan 25th

Kiss Me, I'm a Scientist:
St. Albertus Magnus' Day - Nov 15th
St. Dominic's Day - Aug 8th

Kiss Me, I'm a Musician:
St. Cecilia's Day - Nov 22nd
St. Hervé's Day - Jun 17th

Kiss Me, I lost my keys:
St. Anthony's Day - Jun 13th (patron saint of lost articles)

Kiss Me, I'm a Lumberjack:
St. Gummarus' Day - Oct 11th

Kiss Me, I Drive a Car:
St. Frances of Rome's Day - Mar 9th

Happy St. Pat's!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always say "Anyone can kiss an Irishman, but it's the Scotsman you want to take home with you." Don't forget St. Andrew (Patron Saint of Scotland) or St. Scrooge McDuck (Patron Saint of Saving Money). Although recently I have been a lot more proficient at being Scottish than at saving money...

Kimberly said...

So you're saying I should be anticipating my next opportunity on April 4th?

Love the blog Dave...as always. :)

Anonymous said...

this is a great post

Scrumpestuous D said...

Glenn, every day for you is "Kiss Me, I'm Glenn Day," but you should get special consideration on St. Andrew's.

Kim, I'm saying that you and all your friends should be anticipating April 4th!

And to Anonymous, thanks! And don't hesitate to name yourself!

Anonymous said...

Can I get another Scientist day, I can get kissed on the 15th of November because it's my birthday!

Scrumpestuous D said...

Just make sure you get kissed twice!