Monday, March 17, 2008

Just another TR post

About 1 year ago, Butler told me of his adventure out to Sagamore Hill, and ever since then, I've wanted to go. Luckily for me, Saturday was the day. I'm going to do my best to cover what I can, but sadly, I don't think it will be enough. For some really good coverage, check this out. But first, a great photo of one of the activity's organizers, in an authentic Rough Rider hat. Yes, my blog has been a bit Jeff-centric lately. Deal with it.In the museum (not actually part of the house), there was this quote, which I happened to like a great deal. Apparently, TR was sticking it to those highfalutin' pretty boys at the Sorbonne. Go America!
These are the official presidential satellite dishes. This was not on the tour.
Being somewhat in the drug design business, I was intrigued by this medicine case that TR took with him to Africa.
Everyone having a good time.
Except for Amber(?)
I believe that being in the presence of such history inspired Gabe to strike this stately pose.
Jared Clark consoling Brigham after Collin ran away, perhaps for good (check out Brigham's blog to find out what happened!)
Mormons swarming the home of our former president. Alicia walks alone.
Personally, I think this photo of Mr. and Mrs. Mulcock to be really great. Apparently Mrs. Mulcock doesn't agree. Well, I have this to say to her: you both look fantastic. Deal with it. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.
Tracy, who incidentally went to Mariners spring training and got the best picture of Jay Buhner on her cell phone. So jealous. Tracy didn't want me to put this photo up either, but I'd like to echo my comments above: you look great. Deal with it.
Sadly, there was no photography allowed inside, probably because the stately ghost of old TR should really be seen in person, rather than in photographs. Ha ha! Just kidding. There are no ghosts. There are LOTS of dead animals. And massive amounts of priceless tusks. The North Room alone is worth the price of admission. Really, if you ever find yourself in Oyster Bay, take the time to visit the place.

No comments: