Saturday, March 01, 2008

And the Roosefest begins

Teddy Roosevelt month begins. First up was a trip out to his childhood home just down the street from Gramercy Tavern. Most of the house was really poorly lit, so I didn't get many photos, but I did get one of this bust -
And this mountain sheep. Strangely, he looks happy to be there.
Here's Jeff, looking boldly toward the future, and a whole month of TR.
And here he is explaining something that's surely exceptionally cool.
There were quite a few political cartoons on display. This one was my favorite, by far.
Brigham and Di enjoying the wonderful gift shop. Jeff too.
At this point, guest photographer Jaymoo took the reigns, capturing a Teddy Head and a Teddy Bear. Iconic images, Jaymoo.
Abby, also by Jaymoo. Or perhaps it's Abbie. Or Habby (silent H). I don't really know.
I don't really know Abby, but she sure does have some fun facial expressions! Take a look at this one- very cute.
And this one. I'm surprised I don't get that one more often when I bust out my camera.
As a side note, now that I'm shooting higher quality images, and taking the time to fix my mistakes in Photoshop, I'm really noticing the quality hit they take when shrinking them for use on the web. It's kind of a shame. So, I guess what I'm saying is, if you ever see a photo you like, just let me know and I'll pass you along an original. Or perhaps if I think you need the original, I'll just send it...

Late Breaking Addendum: Afterwards, JayMoo, Stephoin y yo went to eat some Alfajores, which are Argentinian delicacies that contain Dulce de Leche, which when done right contains ash. No photos, but I can tell you they were dee-lish, ash and all. Great heads up JayMoo.

2 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

Thanks - I'm glad you found my first ever shots on your camera worthy of blogness.

Also, no mention of Alfajores? What gives?

Scrumpestuous D said...

How did I forget that! Noted and corrected.