Friday, July 20, 2007

Buying back my childhood

Whether you liked the movie or not, it's probably safe to say that Transformers has evoked some level of nostalgia in most of us (at least those of us who were little boys at some point). I have become a victim (or benefactor) of that. You see, before I took off for Seattle, I found myself in Toys R Us looking for some presents for my niece, and I found something for myself. Soundwave.

Boy, did I ever want this guy back in the day. I wanted it so bad that when my cousin brought him over, and then left the box, I stared at the box for 45 minutes straight just imagining how awesome it would be to have this toy. Good thing Toys R Us has just reissued this guy.
As you can see, he's a pretty good replication, except for the tape deck door, which used to be flush with the rest of his body. It doesn't look bad in robot mode, though I have no idea why they changed it.
These figure also came with Laserbeak and Ravage. Awesome. And because of the bigger deck, they can both fit inside Soundwave - at the same time.
Here they are all transformed up. Awesome.

I should mention that this isn't the first time I've done this. In 1999 I ran down to the mall when I found out they had reissued the Voltron toy. How sad.

4 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

I find now shame in this. Its not like your fornicated with the toys...now that would cause shame! Wait, you didn't did you?

Bilaeva said...

Blimey!

Don said...

I had to purchase a Transformer as well... :)

Scrumpestuous D said...

really? do tell...