Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Rocks the 80s - musings

After work, Kim and Genevieve stopped by to help me test out the new edition of Guitar Hero. Here's my first impressions.

  • The first two sets of songs a a bit boring, even on hard.
  • There aren't as many characters (not a big deal, really).
  • The levels pretty much look the same, but now have 80s flair.
  • Stonehenge is unfortunately missing.
  • There aren't any unlockable songs.
  • The songs do get much better as they get harder.
  • You have to be able to do hammer-ons and pull-offs to do Seventeen by Winger on hard (my opinion, anyway).
  • Play With Me by Extreme is pretty damn hard. I haven't beaten it yet.
This is what Kim had to say: "Dave is pretty much awesome."

Thanks, Kim.

And now Genevieve: "Dave is a god among men."

Wow, ladies, I think that's enough. You're embarrassing me.

Also, I guess Guitar Hero III now has a subtitle, Legends of Rock.

7 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

So are you saying you are less than satisfied, satisfied, or enjoying the fact that expectations were met? The result is ambiguous here.

Scrumpestuous D said...

The result is whatever you want it to be...

Ok, no. I'm not that lame. I was satisfied, though I wanted more from the first two sets.

Bilaeva said...

is seventeen the track that brought me down? if so then I would have to agree that advanced skills are required. those are advanced, aren't they?!

ps I know the drummer from Extreme. I've been in his limo...

Scrumpestuous D said...

Yes, seventeen is the track that brought you down.

Since you have a connection w/ the band, perhaps you have the mojo that I lack in beating the last track...

Brigham said...

My copy hasn't come yet! I was hoping it'd be waiting for me today. I get the feeling that I'll like this game fine, but sort of be a little ehhhh about it on the inside.

Scrumpestuous D said...

The more I play it, the more I realize that there are some really great tracks (Hold on Loosely, Seventeen, Bathroom Wall, Police Truck, and even I Ran on expert), but that there are just as many 'meh' tracks. Good enough to tide me over till "Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock" or "Rock Band"

Kimberly said...

Dave is pretty awesome. I did enjoy playing Turning Japanese very much. I had that song stuck in my head for the rest of the evening.