Saturday, September 16, 2006

Simpler Times

So, I have spent most of the night celebrating Mexican Independence Day watching American sitcoms. Go figure. Well, as sort of a one man afterparty, I decided to - wait for it - watch more TV! Currently, I am watching an old show that I loved as a kid, Benson. Boy, the sitcom has changed since 1982. Then again, maybe not. Here's the story so far...

Benson, the Lieutenant Governor (formerly the butler to the Governor - congrats on the promotion) needs to go to a BIG meeting in a town 5 hours away, and the silly cook, who has apparently become some kind of secretary since I was eight, forgets to buy plane tickets. So, Benson and the cook/secretary drive off in the night to get there, but (you ready?) they head in the wrong direction! And to make things worse, the cook/secretary was told not to take the blue sedan, and guess what - she took the blue sedan! Ha ha ha. So, now that they are stuck in this repair shop/diner, the cook/secretary takes a job as waitress! Ha! What will they think of next? Well, I'm not going to bore you with the rest of the plot (as I'm probably not going to finish the rest of the show), but I'm sure that in the end, Benson will get to the meeting and hilarity will ensue.

Well, enough ragging on old shows. They do have some good things about them. Like kick @$* theme songs. Man, I love that bari sax...

No comments: