Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Blinded By The Light

The song Blinded By The Light, originally by Bruce Springsteen but made famous by Manfred Mann's Earth Band is a veritable treasure trove of misunderstood lyrics. I don't care how much you listen to it and try to figure out what they are saying, he says "douche." That's right, douche. The Springsteen version says "deuce," referring to a 1932 Ford Deuce Coupe (like the Beach Boys song Little Deuce Coupe), but this version is clearly douche just like Johnny RIvers sings "secret asian man" and Jimi Hendrix sings "excuse me while I kiss this guy." I'm also pretty sure that they use the word "anus" in Blinded By The Light, but what do you expect from a song that has lyrics like:

And go-kart Mozart was checkin' out the weather charts
see if it was safe outside
And little early burly came by in his curly whirly
and asked me if I needed a ride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, I pretty much thought the same things about that song. I am glad that at least someone else does too.