Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Perfect Scenario

In the murky recesses of my mind, I have hidden away a whole collection of "perfect scenarios." Maybe you know the kind of scenarios that I am talking about. They are the ones labeled, "I'll be perfectly happy when..." Well, moving to the city has sort of given me the opportunity to reflect on where I have been and where I want to go, and in the process, I've realized that I don't know why these scenarios are hidden all the way back in the murky recesses of my mind. There's nothing wrong with them, and they at least deserve a spot in the fluorescently-lit cubicles of my mind if not a full blown position on the breathtaking mountaintops of my mind. My only fear is that the move request will end up on the desk of the middle manager of my mind and the whole process will get so caught up in bureaucratic red tape that the filing cabinet where my scenarios are stored will end up in the sapphire pools of someone else's mind, and they will be forever lost to me because the email program of my mind sent the tracking information to the junk folder. Man, that would be a mess. Well, in an attempt to avoid all that bureaucratic mumbo-jumbo, from time to time I may throw a few scenarios up here on the old blog. Just to show you all that I'm not kidding, here is one of them:

Me and my signifigant other are sitting on the porch of our beach house, sipping lemonade, staring at the ocean and enjoying the afternoon breeze. The last key to the scenario is music. Almost every one of these scenarios includes music, and in this one it's Nat King Cole. If you too can see yourself in that situation within the next few (I use that word lightly) years, and are a member of the female persuasion, call me at...

Now, now, you didn't think I was actually going to do it, did you?

No comments: