Thursday, September 14, 2006

I Hate Halloween

I really do. I loved the candy as a kid, and I did enjoy dressing up way back when (I particularly liked the space alien costume my Mom made for me in the 1st grade), but not anymore. Yet, this year, I find myself actually looking forward to getting dressed up and... well, let's be honest, probably just sitting in my apartment. Regardless, I do have some ideas, and I thought that I would just put them out there on the net for all (1) of my readers to enjoy. So, without further ado, let me present:

Scrumpestuous D's List of Costumes and Other Fancy Clothes
(Nice use of color and bold, don't you think?)

  1. Dr. Evil - You see, I am bald and evil, so it's a perfect fit right? The only drawback is the scar. I don't have one and can't stand having things stuck/painted/glued to my face. It's weird, I know. I hated facepainters as a child.
  2. The Skipper - I would go as Gilligan, but I'm not a bony dope. So the natural next choice is the Skipper. Blue Polo, khakis and a hat and all I would need to complete it is a Mary Ann...
  3. George Jetson - Probably not going to happen, but how cool would it be?
  4. Baseball Player - This is my old standby. I think I did this 3 years in a row once. I wouldn't mind busting out the old jersey.
  5. Daddy Warbucks - This was actually a suggestion from last year. I had a friend who was short, redheaded and spunky (possible doctoral dissertation: genetic link between readheadedness and spunk), and we all thought it would be a hoot and a half (she was short, remember?) if we went as Little Orphan Annie and Daddy Warbucks. I thought it was a great idea, but it never happened. If I could find an Annie, this one would be high on the list.
  6. Kojak - I love this idea, but I'm afraid that I would spend the evening explaining who I was. I already have the hat, I could score some glasses easily enough and have a few good ties, all I would really need is a bag of dum-dum's.
  7. Football Player - Pretty much the same as #4, but gives me an excuse to buy a Seahawks jersey.
  8. Curly - Needs a Larry and Moe
  9. Laurel and Hardy - I love these guys. Where could I find a skinny dopey-looking partner?
End of Costumes and Fancy Clothes Section!

Well, that about does it for this time. Feel free to leave your comments at the bottom so that all (1) my readers can enjoy them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

D-

I hate Halloween too. I hate Halloween parties even more.

Halloween-haters unite!