Thursday, August 16, 2007

Yes, I'm that guy.


A few years back, I remember seeing the headline in The Onion that went a little something like this, "Person actually buys Photoshop." Well, today I became that person.

You see, in the scientific world, it is common practice to get together in large groups and drink beer. Now, any large group of people can do this, so the scientists have decided that they will set themselves apart and share their research while they slowly get sloshed. I guess it makes sense - scientific research is dull*. Being a young graduate student, I will have to prepare many of these posters over the next several years, and by mandate of the higher-ups they all must created using Adobe InDesign. I guess the rest of the story becomes obvious, and today I picked up a copy of CS3. Well, there you have it - proof that someone actually bought Photoshop.

*In all fairness, not all poster sessions involve beer - only about half of them. Scientific research, however, is almost always dull.

1 comment:

Side of Jeffrey said...

Yeah, I could have just given this to you. What a sucker...an honest, "holy in the sight of the Lord" sucker.