Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Luckily, I got to work OK

What a crazy night last night. Returning home from a 12th Street Guitar Hero Fanciers' Association reunion, a few drops of rain made me decide to take the subway home rather than walking like I normally do. I had no idea that those few drops of rain were about to usher in one of the coolest thunder storms I've ever experienced. The rate at which flashes were coming through my window could have made the paparazzi jealous. OK, bad comparison, but there was a flash of lightening every few seconds, most of which seemed to flash like strobe lights (multiple streaks of lightening?). Well, I finally got back to sleep, only to notice on the news in the morning that pretty much every subway line was massively delayed. This is one of those times that I'm grateful for living a few blocks from the lab. What I find most bizarre is that while walking to work, there was a patch of sidewalk close to the FDR that was covered in sand and driftwood (?). Though I can't adequately explain that, I do think that the storm had something to do with Barry Bonds' latest achievement.

No comments: