Saturday, June 07, 2008

Oh crap...

Folks, something terrible just happened. I think my iPod has just died, taking a little bit of my soul with it. Who knew that I could become so attached to such a little object? You see, as I was removing it from my pocket, well... it fell. But only about 1 foot and with the gentlest landing you've ever seen. Now all I've got is a lime green paperweight that will show you the sad iPod if you touch it.

I've been rocking my little green mini for the past 3.2 years, so this might fall under the heading of a mercy killing, except that I'm a graduate student and can't even afford that. Any suggestions folks? I've been getting a lot of sperm bank ads on facebook lately...

nah.

No lawns to mow. Perhaps I could perform amazing feats of computation on the subway. Or maybe I could work at a Subway. While we're at it, I'm not above handouts. Really, it will only take a few. And think of all the times I fixed your computer!

When did I become a crack addict?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can get 10% off a new ipod if you bring the old one into a B/M apple store. Or...you can get a refurb one on the cheap from the online apple store. The new nanos are bad a** and are relatively cheap. Just an idea..

Bilaeva said...

or you can butter up my Dad and maybe he'll give you one of his (at last count) 3 iPods. i was thinking today maybe i should drop some hints about an iPhone as we head towards birthday season. just so happens my phone contract is up right around that time...