Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Factoids

For your consideration, here are a few random facts that I have compiled over the last few weeks.

NYC is massive
: To give you an idea of just how big it is, take the city of Seattle and make it about 3.5x bigger (or, if you like, take Salt Lake City and make it 3x bigger) - that's the land mass of NYC. Then, take all of the residents of Washington State AND all the residents of Utah, and move them in to that area (wouldn't that be a fun political climate?). That's how many people live in the 5 boroughs. If you want to add the metro area in you would have to add the entire populations of Oregon, Idaho, Nevada and Colorado to the WA/UT mix and move us all into an area somewhat smaller than the state of New Jersey. Huge.

Harry Potter is older than me: So, in anticipation of the new book, I've been rereading the last two books, and as I was using the internet to fill in a few details I had forgotten, I was informed that Harry's birthday is July 31, 1980, making him about 4 months older than me. This page will explain it better than I can.

Factoid #3: You might think that I have another factoid, but I don't. I only added this because two factoids are hardly worth posting, and I worked too hard on that first one to not post it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting factoids. I think any post that utilizes the word "factoid" is just clever enough to post, no matter the quantity or quality of said "factoids."