Thursday, May 03, 2007

Two days and counting

So, the M's lost their last game, and the Yanks have won their last two, but I'm not letting that get to me. What I might let get to me is the fact that Jeff Weaver is slated to pitch, and with an 0-4 record and an 18.26 ERA (yeah, that's not a typo, but it is just about the worst ERA I've ever seen) I don't know how well he's going to do on Saturday. So, in order to keep up my good spirits, I've put together a list of great ballpark songs. You know, the ones that you can't help but smile when you hear them. So, here they are, in no particular order:

  • "Louie Louie" by The Kingsmen - as the unofficial state rock song of Washington State, it's acquired a special place down at Safeco and in my heart.
  • "Takin' Care of Business" by BTO - a great blue collar song for a great blue collar sport.
  • "Centerfield" by John Fogerty - OK, so maybe a little overplayed, but it still brings back memories of Little League.
  • "Centerfold" by J. Giles Band - Not to be confused with the previous entry, Centerfold has one of the greatest riffs for singing along.
  • "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond - one for the BoSox fans.
  • "Walk of Life" by Dire Straits - another great riff mostly heard after a walk (go figure).
  • "Glory Days" by Brice Springsteen - Pure American nostalgia.
Well, there it is folks. Feel free to post any additions to the comments section.

1 comment:

Brigham said...

Who Let the Dogs Out
La Macarena