Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Of Roaches

I'm a little afraid to post this, as I don't want to jinx myself here, but we don't have any roaches in my place. I'm not really sure why, but I have a few ideas:
  1. My roommate and I are pretty clean guys, though in fairness, my roommate is the cleaner one. I know some may argue, but really, we are pretty clean.
  2. I live on the 35th floor, and I've been told that this is the reason why I don't have roaches. I don't know if I believe this. I've heard that cockroaches can survive nuclear holocaust, so I'm pretty sure they can make it up 35 flights of stairs.
  3. I don't live in a very popular neighborhood (these are Manhattanite cockroaches, after all).

  4. And here's a new one that I came up with on the way home tonight,

  5. There are so many hospitals and medical centers surrounding me, and we all know how clean hospitals and medical centers are, that the roaches just decided it wasn't worth living in this area. My guess is they moved to Williamsburg.
So, I have no idea why we haven't been plagued with roaches, and I'm grateful that we aren't. But, if I had to put money on it, I think I'd go with a combination of 3 & 4.

No comments: