Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Tech Update

Ok, so I took down the post about the Atom feed for this site, and for a good reason. I have decided to run my feed through Feedburner. That means that all 3 of you who read this thing can now use pretty much any type of RSS reader to keep tabs on this site. I guess what I am hoping for is to make this blog a bit more read (tell your friends...). So, if you happened to read my instructions on how to set up a Live Bookmark in Firefox, nothing has changed (at least on the front end). The steps remain the same:

1. Click on the syndication icon in the address bar (possibly on the status bar at the bottom of your browser).

2. Give the Live Bookmark a name (default is the name of this blog)

3. Tell the browser where to store the bookmark.

Pretty easy. What this will do for you is give you a bookmark that will automatically update itself to show the latest posts on my blog. It makes it really easy to keep up on what is goign through my skull without having to type scrumpestuous, which can be a pain, I know.

You can also use a dedicated feed reader program to manage "subscriptions" to my blog, and all the other blogs that you read. This is actually the main reason for my switching to Feedburner. Feedburner makes it really easy for these programs to read this blog (in case you didn't know there are several types of RSS and a few Atom formats as well). Feedburner basically takes care of handling whatever covsersion is necessary for your program to read my feed.

And, if that isn't good enough for you (or you aren't using an RSS capable browser or external program), you can simply bookmark this page. You can also get there by clicking the yellow Feedburner banner to the right.

I hope this makes things easy for you all!

No comments: