Saturday, February 18, 2006

Crickets and taxes

Last night my car started making the strangest noise. I have worked around cars for a long time and never have I heard something like this. It sounded like there was a big-a cricket living in the vents. I'm talking huge. I don't imagine that I am going to hear it again, but if I do, I can only imagine trying to explain it to the mechanic.

Mechanic: "So, what seems to be the problem?"
Me: "It sounds like there is a cricket living in my car."
Mechanic: "Hmm... Is it a big cricket?"
Me: "Yes."
Mechanic: "Possibly a mutated cricket?"
Me: (Exasperated) "Possibly. Can you fix it?"
Mechanic: "It'll cost you $750, plus the can of Raid."

So I guess what that means is that I need to get my tax return if I am going to be able to pay the mechanic. Which is precisely what I dreamed about last night. After a rousing game of water hockey (imagine water polo with hockey sticks that are mostly used to hit people), I decided to do my taxes. What the crap! I dream about doing my taxes. So much for being a with-it kind of guy. Although I guess I gave that up when I moved to Provo.

3 comments:

Scrumpestuous D said...

Addendum:

It probably never was cool to be a with-it kind of guy.

Anonymous said...

I had a dream the other night that my fiancee stood me up on our wedding day because he didn't get the tax return he was expecting. Apparently I have the same aptitude for picking lovetards in my dreams as I do in real life.

Scrumpestuous D said...

Hmm... don't know what to say to that one...