Friday, January 27, 2006

Insert clever title here


Before I say anything else, let me just say, "Go Seahawks!" Ok, I said it. I have to confess that I am pretty darn excited about the Hawks first trip to the Super Bowl. When I was a kid, there were certain things that were just accepted: the Mariners would never go to the World Series, and the Seahawks would never go to the Super Bowl. Now if the M's could only prove me completely wrong. Patience, I know, patience. Obviously, I am picking Seattle to win, but the Steelers won't be easy to beat. They are the "team of destiny." They want it bad. Well, so do we. There aren't many things that get Seattleites going (other than double tall non-fat caramel macchiatos), but having lived through the '95 Mariners, I know how crazy Seattle can get about its sports. It is electric. Forget the fact that we are in the middle of nowhere (sports-wise), forget the fact that Seattle has only won one major championship (the '79 Sonics... OK, the Storm won too), all of that means aboslutely nothing. Anything can happen in the Super Bowl.

1 comment:

Erin said...

It will be interesting to see what happens. I think all of us Seattlites are cheering for the hawks. And you said when we were growing we knew the seahawk would never go the superbowl. What about the fact that they never won. You could place a bet on them losing and more times then not you would be right. And the fact that no one would admit to being seahawks fans. Nice to know things can change!