Friday, May 30, 2008

Utterly Pissed Off

Buckle up, kids. This post ain't gonna be happy.

I'm currently halfway through my seventh hour of a 4 hour bus ride to DC. And we're still in New Jersey. I'm on the Bolt Bus, which though comfortable and equipped with outlets and wifi has become my absolute least favorite bus line ever. They've even beaten out that Chinatown one that sold me a ticket to a non-existent bus. Seriously, this is utterly ridiculous. I've already used that free wifi to send two nasty emails to their webmaster (the only contact info available - I'll never get a response). Oh, the irony. We're on pace to arrive in DC around 10 PM, 4.5 hours after we were supposed to get there, making the trip a total of 8.5 hours.

So, how did I get in this situation? Well, taking the bus from midtown we headed to the Lincoln tunnel. Apparently, it was closed. I guess. I'm honestly not really sure. So, our intrepid bus driver circles the block and eventually gets us to the West Side Hwy, where he points us toward the Holland Tunnel. 2 hours later, we're still haven't got there. At 5:30, when I'm supposed to be rolling in to DC, we finally get to the Holland tunnel. Hooray. But here's what I want to know. Why in the hell did this bus driver not know the tunnel was closed? And why did he think it would be a good idea to use the West Side Hwy to get downtown? I mean, something must have been going on because EVRYONE was stuck in traffic, but I think it had more to do with crap on the highway than the tunnel. Who know. But, I'm seriously pissed off.

Around 7:45, we roll in to some Roy Rogers wonderland in southern Jersey and our driver is like, "I know traffic has been hell, but I'm giving you exactly 10 minutes to get some stuff." Thanks. Have I mentioned that we're constantly being passed by semi's? Apparently, this bus only does 45 MPH. I'm so effing pissed. Good thing I thought to bring more than one DVD for the trip...

Speaking of which, we're just passed exit 2 in New Jersey, and I've already spent about an hour surfing the net, watched 2 episodes of Get Smart, 2 movies (Fletch and Ferris Bueller's Day Off), composed a blog post and lost my mind several times over.

Our driver is an ass.

4 comments:

M said...

really sorry to hear it, dave.

but i have some good news (well, for me at least)...i've decided on my camera! so excited to go out and buy it. wish b&h wasn't closed tomorrow. maybe i'll try and track one down elsewhere in the city.

Side of Jeffrey said...

One time it took me 10 hours to get from DC to NY on a greyhound...but that was holiday traffic, so it can be excused. This, not excused.

Casey Quinn said...

For some of your troubles, you can blame a motorcyclist who ran into a guardrail and flew off his bike. He's the reason Lincoln Tunnel was experiencing one-hour delays. http://wcbstv.com/local/lincoln.tunnel.accident.2.736808.html

MW said...

wow. crazy.