Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Porous sedimentary calcite, mythical crossbreed!

Congratulations to KU on winning the national championship. And congrats to Memphis for making me a believer and making last night's game one of the best I've seen in awhile.

But now that the tourney is over (I managed NOT to come in las this year in my pool, thankfully), maybe you're like me and wondering what in the hell all of this "rock chalk" stuff is all about. I mean, I consider myself something of a sports fan, but this one has slipped under my radar. So, if you're like me and don't understand it beyond the rhyming scheme, click on over here and find out. I'm willing to bet that this is the biggest contribution a science club has ever made to college sports. Oh, and TR makes an appearance too, even though his month is over. He was never one to go with the flow, was he?

2 comments:

M said...

interesting. can't believe they didn't teach us this in my 4th grade social studies class. (the year we study kansas history). guess they were too busy teaching us the state motto (ad astra per aspera) and the state bird (the meadowlark) and the state flower (sunflower) and the state animal (american buffalo).

Logan said...

thanks dave. i was actually wondering what it meant as well...i knew i could count on you.