Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Oh those clever Brits!

A certain reader of mine both turned me on to today's topic and recently reminded me that I needed to post more, so here's a double shot for you. You know who you are.

If you've never watched Top Gear, do it. You'll see things like this:

Hosts Hammond (left) and Clarkson (right) admiring their sponsor's logo: Larsen's Biscuits.

I guess I should explain a bit. Top Gear is a show about cars. A very entertaining show about cars. In the episode featured here, the hosts decided to convert a BMW 330d into an endurance racer and run it on biofuel. The show is on BBC (BBC America here), and as such they weren't allowed real sponsors, hence the Larsen's Biscuits. Here's the other one they cooked up, Peniston Oils:

So, why all this fuss over fake sponsors? Oh, I don't know. How about one last look at the car before I go...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a fact, Brits are best. I love this show. Almost as much as I love myself. And that's a lot.

Bilaeva said...

go to youtube and search "Top Gear Caravan challenge".

Kimberly said...

Dave, Vieve and I were talking and she mentioned that you have DVRd several episodes of this spactacular program. We need to have a Top Gear party or something. :)

Don said...

I must admit, I've spent many an hour on YouTube watching some of their episodes. I love the challenges they do -- so random!