Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Depression

Emboldened by my recent post declaring that I am thinking about purchasing an electric guitar, I finally screwed up the courage to actually go and play one. You see, the music store is probably the largest public forum that I have ever played guitar in, and even though I've been playing since high school, it can still be a bit nerve racking. Well, my problems aside, I asked the salesperson to get a few guitars down off the wall, I found a nice bench and an amp, and plugged in. That's when I realized that I had completely forgotten everything I ever knew about guitars. Wow, how embarrassing. After a bit of noodling (I don't have the heart to call it playing), I left the guitar there along with a big chunk of my confidence.

That was Monday, and I'm beginning to get over it. Perhaps enough to make another trip to the guitar store - but not without hours of serious practice.

No comments: