Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Musings on Guitar Hero

So, tonight is the 4th meeting of the 12th Street Guitar Hero Fanciers' Association, and I was thinking about some songs that I would really like to hear in a future version of GH. OK, so I'm sure tons of lists like this exist out there, blah blah blah, I'm not being creative. Here's the list:

Songs that would be good
Holiday - Green Day
Stairway to Heaven - Led Zepplin
We Built This City - Starship (I guess it would be better for Keytar Hero)
Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith
Suffragette City - David Bowie
Black Magic Woman - Santana

Songs that would be GREAT
Layla - Derek & The Dominoes
American Girl - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers (Runnin' Down A Dream might also be nice...)
Cryin' - Aerosmith
You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC
Any Way You Want It - Journey
Eruption - Van Halen

So, I have recently discovered that a way to mod GH2 has been worked out (requiring a modified PS2, unfortunately) and put any song that you want in. Several of my wants have been done, and many others are out there. Here's a little sample of what the finished product looks like:



There are also a few open source copies of Guitar Hero out there designed to be played with your computer keyboard (or controller, if you buy the correct adapters). Well, that's that.

1 comment:

Side of Jeffrey said...

Seeing Cowboys From Hell on the list made me desire more extreme metal on the list, including:

F***** Hostile - Pantera
Broken - Pantera
Sober - Tool
Only (or any song off Killer Bees) - Anthrax
Five Blocks to the Subway - Biohazard
Wilma's Rainbow - Helmut
Judgement Night - Biohazard/Onyx
Swim - Fishbone

Killer awesome list. And yes, Pantera was my first concert age 14.