Tuesday, August 01, 2006

D's Top Ten Movies #7 - The Pink Panther Strikes Again

I don't know that I am going to say much about this movie in this post. I'll probably just leave it to you out there to go out and see it. I have to say that I love all of the Pink Panther movies. I got it from my Mom, who introduced them to me as a child. I probably could have replaced Strikes Again with Return of the Pink Panther or A Shot in the Dark, which are both great movies, but Strikes Again is the one that I remember most from my childhood, so it gets to represent the series in the number seven slot.

There isn't much to the plot of this movie (or indeed to the plots of any of the movies), but the execution of them is so funny. From the bad french accent ("the minkey") to the endless attempts by Cato to attack Clousseau, to the incessant cries from Dreyfuss for Clousseau's life, any of these movies will have you laughing until your sides hurt. I highly reccommend that if you haven't seen any of these movies, go out and rent one today. Don't worry about Trail of the Pink Panther as it is a horrible mishmash of clips from other movies put together after Peter Sellers' death. But any of the other Sellers Panther movies will be a real treat. But you don't have to take my word for it...

No comments: