Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bibliomania!

This past week my little sister was in town. She'd been here once before in high school and managed to get some of the touristy things out of the way, and when she wasn't checking off the rest of the sights, I got to show her a few places that weren't on the list. By far her favorite was Strand (she's a history teacher and obsessed with books). While she was purchasing up quite a bit of the store, I discovered that they had all but one of the Ian Fleming James Bond novels for $4.95 a copy... so I filled in the holes in my collection. Actually, since I only owned From Russia With Love, my collection was mostly holes, but who could pass up a $8-$9 savings per book?
Looks like I've got some reading to do. The only one that they didn't have a t Strand was Moonraker (better the movie, I'm sure), so we headed over to Barnes and Noble to top off my collection, where my sister spotted what is now my favorite bag of all time:

Fantastic, right? If I carry my scriptures to church in it, will they be truthier than other people's?

2 comments:

The Shark said...

I love finding good deals like that. Way to go, man. That photo makes it look like Fleming wrote less books than I thought he did (at least in the Bond series).

And the bag = genius. You'll have to start using French pronunciation when referring to your Book of Mormon now.

Side of Jeffrey said...

Yes, they will.

You should see Stephen's recent purchase from strand. It is FIERCE!