Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Finally...

...I'm getting around to posting about my Cape Town trip. Took me long enough.
Obviously this is London, not Africa. We (I) decided it would be nice to break up the journey with a 22 hour layover in London, so after arriving at Heathrow and spending most of the night awake in a Japanese-style pod hotel in the airport, we took the Tube and arrived in Westminster around 8 AM. The whole place was dead (it was a Sunday morning), but that made for some good light and some nice pics.


Looks like I got beat to this shot. Who knew?


"Whitby & Co., for all your 3D pince-nez needs."


To our surprise, there was some kind of half-marathon running that day, so we followed them all the way down to Buckingham Palace.
I'm not going to lie, the palace did not impress. But considering our final destination, I took an interest in this column. And considering its beauty, I took an interest in this gate.


A little bit of Autumn before I headed off to Spring.
At some point, we ended up on Bond St. where I found this little work of art on the way into someones car park. It made me chuckle and I thought I'd share.
I love 747s. I have I mentioned that I have a scale model of the prototype on my bookshelf at home? And that I've seen it in real life? So, naturally, I was excited to see the specimen that was going to help me add a third continent to my passport.

More to come soon (pics are uploaded already, so I've got no excuse).

No comments: