Tuesday, February 24, 2009

#300

I've been buying music again and I'd love to tell you more about it. But, looking over what I've bought, I realize that long conversations about it would be pretty much ground already covered, except for maybe two things. First, I've really liked the new Animal Collective album, Merriweather Post Pavilion. It's a bit what I'd imagine Brooklyn would be like if it woke up one morning and decided to become Africa. Check it out, if you're in to that kind of thing. And second, the new War Child compilation Heroes is pretty decent. Basically, a bunch of stars (David Bowie, Iggy Pop, et al) chose artists to cover one of their songs and if you buy it the money goes to war affected children. Needy kids nonetheless, I wouldn't go as far as to buy the whole thing ("Search and Destroy," sadly not that good). Here's what I would recommend though:
  • "Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat"/Beck
  • "Heroes"/TV On the Radio
  • "Straight to Hell"/Lily Allen
  • "Transmission"/Hot Chip
  • "Do the Strand"/Scissor Sisters
The Scissor Sisters track is the standout of the bunch, at least for now. I could see it getting some playtime at a house party or two.

Oh, and this is post #300. I originally thought about doing something bigger than this, but why bother?

1 comment:

The Shark said...

We are Spartans?