Thursday, October 12, 2006

Song of the Moment

Being a conscientious blogger (read: one who knows his blog needs a lot of improvement), I am always looking for ways to make this a better read. For this reason, I have decided to add a little segment to this blog called "Song of the Moment" where I basically tell you what I like right now and why I like it. Why me? Why now? Well, I just figured that since my musical tastes are a bit different from most people that I know, this might be a good way for me to expose you all to some new music. Maybe you will like the song, maybe you won't - I won't bat 1.000, doesn't matter. I would love to hear from you all about whether or not this little segment works, and what you think about these tunes if you end up checking them out.

So, to start things off I've got a little bit of punk for you.

Track: Ring of Fire
Artist: Social Distortion
Album: Social Distortion

OK, so I don't really listen to these guys other than this track. It pretty much proves my point that there are some songs (this one by Johnny Cash) can be turned into kick butt punk tunes. I highly reccomend busting out some wicked awesome air guitar moves when you listen to it. I also think that Follow the Prophet would make an excellent punk tune, so you might not want to completely trust my judgement...

No comments: