Sunday, October 01, 2006

Halfway Halloween

Halloween is coming soon. I'm not a big fan, nor am I a big fan of scary movies - they just don't do anything for me. They either don't scare me at all because they seem to ridiculous, or they don't leave me feeling all that good. Well, in an attempt to be less of a wet blanket this Halloween season, I've compiled a list of movies that I do like that might work as alternatives to the standard Halloween fare. So, without further ado I present:

(Semi) Scary Movies That I Happen To Like
  1. Monsters, Inc. - OK, not a scary movie, but it works.
  2. Clue - Creepy mansion + mass murders + multiple endings = good clean fun.
  3. The Goonies - C'mon, didn't sloth give you nightmares as a kid?
  4. Wait Until Dark - Good creepy thriller. Watch with the lights out.
  5. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - Darkest one of the three, but Indy still wins
  6. Rear Window - Really a thriller rather than a scary movie, but it will give you chills
  7. Young Frankenstein - Great comedy version of the Frankenstein story. Mel Brooks at his finest.
  8. Red Eye - Cillian Murphy will never play a romantic lead.
  9. Ghostbusters - The ultimate feel good creepy movie. Total classic.
Well, I hope that give all of you non-scary movie people some Halloween alternatives. Enjoy - you wussies.

No comments: