Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Final bits with penguins, mostly

Last day. Sunday. Since I wasn't in Church, I spent some time with other people in suits.

The penguins have some pretty nice digs. So do the humans.


Truth be told, watching penguins is not much fun. What was more fun was getting to drive on the wrong side of the road for a bit until we got to our breakfast locale, where I sat on the patio eating my muesli and fruit and watched this:
After breakfast the boss man caught his plane back to NYC, and Alpna and I headed over to the aquarium. For such an amazing place, Cape Town's aquarium was a downer.
We still had about 24 hours left in Africa, but I'm not going to lie, I was tired. The rest of the trip was spent either haggling with street vendors or sipping hot chocolate in street cafes. After a month of traveling to different parts of the world, I was ready to go home. I almost can't believe that I had the chance to visit such an amazingly beautiful place, but since I've got the pictures to prove it, I guess I will.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Thanks for sharing picture of your trip Dave! Really awesome...and I agree, if it weren't for pictures, it is sometimes hard to believe you've gone and been certain places without the evidence. I feel the same way about going to Cambodia.

Side of Jeffrey said...

Your trip was serious business dude, major jealousy rages through my body in place of blood.

Jalula said...

I loved hearing about your travels...makes me think about starting a PhD just so I can travel!